RainWatch: reliable weather information at your fingertips
HydroNET RainWATCH consists of three web applications that provide easy access to available data from weather stations, radar, satellites and weather forecasts via your web browser. Additional tools include exporting time series data to your hydrologic/hydraulic models, uploading specific spatial files to calculate catchment area rainfall averages and determining the severity of rainfall events in real-time via your Water Control Room.
RainMap: don’t miss the storm between your gauges
Combine and visualise historical and real-time rainfall information for any location. This also includes areas between gauges thanks to the smart combination of point (weather stations) and gridded data from satellites and radars. The RainMap contains smart tools to optimally benefit from the best available rainfall information to make WeatherSmart decisions.
The best available rainfall information per pixel or area
The HydroNET RainMap application allows online access to historical and current rainfall information for any location, also between the gauges. The application automatically:
- collects and stores large amount of rainfall data from radars, satellites, numerical weather prediction models and automatic weather stations in real-time
- combines the different rainfall sources into a “best available” gridded rainfall product
- makes historical and actual precipitation data easily accessible via the web browser (no software installation needed).
- Rainfall information from radars, satellites, models and gauges
- Select a period and the RainMap provides the best available precipitation information per pixel or per area. Via an interactive geographical map the requested precipitation sum (map) and precipitation intensity per time step (graph) can be presented per pixel or area.
- Upload tool which allows you to upload shapefiles which will become available in the RainMap application
- Download tool which allows you to download long precipitation time series per pixel or per area in different well-known formats (e.g. CSV).
- Personalised Dashboard: determine what information you want to see in order to make reliable decisions.
Weather Stations: direct access to weather stations
Provides direct access to real-time and historical data from all available weathers stations. The application automatically collects gauge data and makes it accessible via an interactive map. Select the period, the stations and variables you are interested in and receive the requested information as a graph, picture or in an Excel file.
Instant weather data when you really need it
The Weather Stations application allows direct access to current and historical time series from automatic weather stations. You can access this data from behind your desk. The application automatically collects large amounts of gauge data and makes it accessible via internet. Just select the period, the stations and variables you are interested in. Press the button and you will automatically receive the requested information as a graph, picture or in an Excel file.
Get insight into the spatial variation of rainfall events
With the interactive dashboard, the latest information (last day, last week, last month, last year) from the selected gauges will be presented. It is also possible to present more gauges in one graph to get insight into the spatial variation.
- Selection of period
- Selection of station(s)
- Selection of variables
- Interactive dashboard: compare rain gauges and presentation of real-time data.
- Download time series for any gauge
- Export time series charts to images (PNG, SVG, JPEG) or an Excel file (CSV).
Weather Forecast: Be prepared for the storm and benefit from the weather to come
The Weather Forecast application provides online access to the weather forecasts from your national weather services and the best available global models such as GFS and ECMWF incorporated into an interactive geographical map. The weather forecast is available for any location in the country.
Optimally benefit from rain to come
The Weather Forecast application can be used to show worldwide and/or local weather forecast data when connected to HydroNET. It allows easy online access to the weather forecast incorporated into an interactive geographical map.
Precipitation forecast for any location
The precipitation forecast will be provided for any location in the country. Just click on the map, and the forecast will be presented in a graph. Use the interactive dashboard to know what is coming. Select the locations and the dashboard gives an overview of the most recent weather information on every rain storm.
- Access to weather forecasts per grid/average per polygon on an interactive map
- See what is coming via the forecast animation
- Interactive dashboard: access to the latest forecasts for any location
- Export time series to run your models
- Export time series chart to images (PNG, SVG, JPEG) or an Excel file (CSV)