Queensland Water Control Room
Most water organisations have a database. Extracting the right data from these databases requires technical knowledge of the databases and is often a time-consuming task. As a result, valuable data is only used by a very small group of people.
We believe that given the right tools, data from your databases can be unlocked and transformed into valuable knowledge. HydroNET provides easy to use web dashboards and applications which will strongly increase the use and benefits of your data.
People without technical backgrounds can easily find the data they are looking for and build up personalised dashboards which contain only information which is relevant for their role or interest.
For the Queensland State Government we tested and implemented the Queensland Water Control Room.
To implement the Water Control Room we first securely connected HydroNET to their own database(s). As soon as this connection was established, the Queensland Water Control Room gave access to a set of valuable applications:
- HydroView: provides one entrance to all data via an interactive map
- HydroWatch: transforms data into easy to understand thematic traffic light maps
- HydroReport: allows the Queensland Government to automatically generate Word documents
- WebPublisher: publishes the data Queensland wants to share with the community on other websites
- Dashboards: gives a personalised insight into the status of the Queensland Governement water system
The Queensland State Government is now in the process of starting to implement the added applications. They intend to use their water control room to monitor the water quality of the Great Barrier Reef and all rivers discharging into the reef.